Access Technology Assistant and Trainer
Salary Range: TBC Depending on Experience
Working Hours: Full Time Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Benefits: Workplace Healthcare
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This role is ideal for someone with an ICT background. Training will be provided on the relevant technologies and Testing with the aim of developing skills to be able to work independently with the support of the Assistive Technology Specialist and Trainer
As Access Technology Assistant/Trainer, you will be responsible for learning the skills to coordinate and deliver assistive technology (AT) training and Assistive Technology Testing.
- Coordinate and schedule training sessions to meet with customer requirements and timeframe.
- Deliver assistive technology training on/off site
- Provide face to face, email and telephone support on Assistive Technology related issues
- Keep abreast of latest assistive technologies and version updates
- Liaise with customer’s training coordinator/ICT teams to resolve any compatibility issues with Assistive Technology and in house systems and applications
- Complete reports on training and their outcomes, and further recommendations/actions required.
- Complete testing using Assistive Technology to support Accessibility Audits when required.
- Promote Destek services including attending events and conferences when required.
- Ensure all organisational processes and procedures are adhered too.
- Have a desire and capability to learn additional skills to support the existing team to deliver accessibility and software assurance testing
This job description is intended to provide a broad outline of the main duties and responsibilities only. The post holder will need to be flexible in developing the role in conjunction with the line manager. The post holder may be asked to carry out any other delegated duty or task that is in line with their post.
(E = Essential D = Desirable)
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Competent in using applications such as Microsoft Package (Word, Excel, Outlook etc) (E)
- Good Computer skills and experience (E)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written (E)
- Ability to work collaboratively with team (E)
- Ability to work independently (E)
- Ability to work autonomously and manage time effectively (E)
- Good customer service skills(E)
- Self-motivated (E)
- Trainer experience(D)
- Awareness, Knowledge, or experience of using assistive technologies such as Screen Readers, Voice Activation, Magnification, and Dyslexia Software packages(D)
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role (D)
- Understanding of Mobile and/or Responsive Web (D)
- Displays an awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults. (E)
- Role requires a Criminal Records Bureau disclosure at Enhanced level. (E)
- Have an understanding of and be able to demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities, inclusion and diversity (E)
- ability to travel and stay overnight when required. (E)
For details on how to apply please email Catherine@destektechnology.comComments (0)