Destek Accessible Technology Solutions is delighted to announce that it has been awarded Disability Confident ‘Committed’ status by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
The Disability Confident Scheme has been structured in a new framework, designed by employers and disabled people’s representatives. It is a voluntary and free-to-join scheme for any employers who are committed to recruiting and retaining disabled people and people with health conditions, for their skills and talent.
The framework comprises of 3 levels designed to support employers on the journey to become Disability Confident.
- Level 1: Disability Confident committed employer
- Level 2: Disability Confident employer
- Level 3: Disability Confident leader
Disabled Access Day is on the 10th-12th March 2017
On the 10th of March Destek will be raising awareness and offering support of Digital Access by offering:
- Free helpdesk to individuals who require help in using assistive technology software to access ICT
- Free ‘mini’ assessment to measure the accessibility of their web, mobile or app for disabled users
Job Opportunities at Destek
Do you have training in the area of assistive technology and experience of supporting people with disabilities? Does a position in which you help people to fully engage in learning appeal to you?
We are looking for experienced Assistive Technology Trainer at Destek, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering assistive technology to our customer’s workforce and help resolve any compatibility issues with their in-house systems and applications which may also include working with their ICT teams.
- This role will include regular travel to customer locations throughout the UK.
- The role will also see you supporting Destek’s accessibility auditing service by testing webpages/sites for accessibility using a range of assistive technologies.
- To succeed in this role, you will need experience of supporting people who have physical disabilities, sensory impairments, medical conditions or autistic spectrum disorders and Specific Learning Difficulties.
- Knowledge and Experience of assistive technologies that may be used by disabled people is essential.
You will also be able to demonstrate knowledge of the issues relating to disability support within employment. Excellent IT skills and the ability to liaise effectively with staff at all levels.
If this sounds like you then contact us via our ‘Work with Us’ page
Work is underway to test over 40 International websites
Work commenced in February to deliver 40 website audits for our international customer to ensure they meet WCAG 2.0 standards.
Andrea Kennedy said about the contract:
‘’It’s good to be expanding our services and footprint internationally. We already work with customer’s in Turkey and US but we are excited about the opportunity to be working with customers in the East’’
Destek are an official UK supplier of Accessaphone . Accessaphone is a software application that enhances the accessibility and usability of an employees desk phone or soft phone. Accessaphone gives telephone users the choice to use keyboard controls or audible commands (Dragon Naturally Speaking required) to perform call functions – including dial, hold, transfer and conference, just to name a few. Today, many VoIP and PBX vendors choose Accessaphone as their solution for compliance and various other employment accessibility and equality laws. Read more about Acessaphone